How Divorce Mediation Can Help You
If you are dreading hostile divorce proceedings, attorney Debra J. Sutton also works with clients in mediation at her Bartow, Florida, law firm. Instead of working in opposition, separating spouses collaborate to find an amicable agreement on issues like property division, child custody and time sharing. As a specialist in marital and family law, and having also served as a divorce mediator, attorney Debra J. Sutton at the Sutton Law Firm will put this experience to work for you in this dispute resolution setting, allowing you and your spouse to make the decisions best suited for your family.
Mediation can ease the hostility that often follows a divorce.
What is Divorce Mediation?
Benefits of Divorce Mediation
Mediation offers many benefits, which include:
- Reduced Cost: Mediation is typically less expensive than going to court.
- Shorter Timeline: Agreeing to mediation allows the parties to control the timeline and can move the case along faster
- Greater Privacy: There is no public record of a mediation and discussions during mediation are privileged. The only thing reported to the court is whether the case settled and if it is resolved, the settlement agreement. Litigation in contrast, in many cases, includes a substantial public record of the controversies that are often regretted when emotions calm in the months and years that follow. This can be especially important in high asset divorce cases or cases involving prominent local or public figures.
- More Amicable Parenting: When kids are involved, mediation can make it easier for parents to understand the need for clear communication. Oftentimes, they end up being able to co-parent more effectively.
- Reduced Stress: Parties coordinate a date and all agree to dedicate the time needed, without interruption, to focus on resolving the case. The environment is less formal, which alleviates stress and allows the parties to negotiate without conflict.
Debra Sutton is a Board Certified in Marital and Family law attorney with the experience you need for a successful divorce mediation. For over 20 years, Mrs. Sutton has helped families transition from married to separated life and can help you too.
Contact Our Office For Help
Even in the most amicable of cases, it is hard to go through a divorce. Debra Sutton has been Board Certified in Appellate Practice since 1997 and Board Certified in Marital and Family Law since 2001. Call our office at (863) 533-8912 or contact us online to learn more about what we can do for you today.