A Clear and Sharp Legal Mind Attorney Matthew J. Kovschak in His Own Words
- Matthew received his Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from the University of South Florida in 1981.
- Matthew attended Samford University's Cumberland School of Law in Alabama and earned his Juris Doctor in 1986. While at Cumberland, he was recognized for his academic accomplishments in the areas of Admiralty and International Law.
Memberships & Affiliations
Civic Associations and Activities Serving the Communities Throughout Florida
- Florida Rural Legal Services (1991 to date) - Volunteer Attorney
- Campaign Organizer/Committee Chair/Fundraiser for various City Commissioner, Tax Collector, and judicial candidates
- Bartow Kiwanis Club - Former Member
- Care to Dance, Inc. (2011 to present) - Founder and Photographer
- Dancing Under the Stars (2014 to date) - Committee Member
- Little River Band’s Veterans Day Tribute (2013) - Committee Member
"Professional, sincere, and approachable." Clients Share Their Experiences With Our Business Lawyer
Sutton Law is the best. Thru out my career I have worked with many law firms. I know a good one when I see it. And Sutton Law is a good one. They are professional, sincere, and approachable.View on Google
Sutton Law Firm is awesome. Matt Kovschak was professional and knowledgeable. He went above and beyond to help us receive the outcome we desired. If your in need of a great attorney, I would highly recommended Matt Kovschak at Sutton Law Firm.View on Google
Giving the Gift of Dance
to People Who Need It
In June 2013, attorneys Matthew J. Kovschak and Debra J. Sutton participated in Ballroom for the Brain, the first-ever program of dance for people with dementia in Florida. The program was organized by USA Dance and the Central and North Florida Alzheimer's Association.
After such a positive experience, the attorneys at the Sutton Law Firm began the development of Care to Dance, which launched in 2014. Care to Dance provides ballroom dancing to people with dementia, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and other cognitive and physically disabling conditions. Over the years, Care to Dance has served more than 2,500 seniors in the Sunshine State.
If you know an elderly loved one who lives in the Lakeland, St. Petersburg, or Bartow region, invite them to the dance. Visit caretodance.org to learn more.
"I tell clients every day that we at Sutton Law Firm do not play checkers — we play chess. Most of our cases tend to be more complicated than the average, run-of-the-mill case." Matthew J. Kovschak